Ok so I really don't have anything terribly exciting to blog about, however Julie reminded me that it has been quite a while since I have blogged. If you are reading this I hope you are safe at home instead of in this crummy weather!!! It's really slick out today around these parts..and yes Amy and Mandy I know it is that way all the time up there....we are just wimps around here when it comes to driving in it!! So needless to say me and my boys haven't been out today.
We have all been up since 5:30 because Caleb thought he was starving to death and Luke must have woke up due to all the thunder and lightening. Thunder in February you might ask???And I'll just remind you that yes, I live in the four states so anything can happen.
I am kind of melancholy today (trying to be a more exciting writer!) A lot of things are fogging up my brain. My Dad's girlfriend's daughter's baby (figure that out?) is in Children's Mercy in KC right now. She has been beaten, apparently by the babysitter, and is on life support. It pretty much looks like she will not make it...so please I ask for your prayers for her. Her name is Autumn and her Mommy is Athena.
I am having a hard time processing it all and understanding the fine line between God allowing something to happen, although He doesn't want it to. Sometimes I so badly want HIm to send down the lightening bolt from the sky to zap the bad guy so the defenseless ones can run free. I cannot fathom the restraint He has to not just fix all our problems for us. What an amazing God!! For example, who of us Mommys stop at nothing to keep our children from experiencing pain? But God has to, in His infinite wisdom, "sit on His hands" sometimes and watch us tumble big time. And in the end it's all part of His plan, I know, but it is so hard to see the big picture.
If you and I, obviously, need any reminders of this just think of our good newly married friend for a deeper understanding of the big picture. Who knew the direction of your life 5 yrs ago, 1 yr ago, 6 mos ago Christi??? He did!!! So thanks for being a "big picture" reminder for me!!
Ok, so I was preachy and kinda depressing today...sorry!!Maybe next time it will be more funnier! oh and ps: I had a great time Julie and Amy and families over the weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment