Monday, February 18, 2008

Exciting Times!

News Flash! Caleb has learned to crawl! Oh boy have I got my hands full. We have kind of forgotten about all the things that we need to keep up since Luke is getting bigger. So this begins another time of trying to keep all little things up (Legos, army men, etc) and to watch Caleb like crazy as he is trying to pull up to everything. He also now says "Dada," Momma," and "Tickle Tickle." He has three teeth with three more trying to come in at once. I need to post a pic soon too because he is changing so much! His hair is starting to curl in the back and looks so cute!! What an exciting time of change with him right now!
Lukie Duke is about the same...hopefully he is on the verge of potty training (I'm so jealous Amy!) He tells me "I'm wet Mom, Change my diaper!" So, don't pee in it in the first place, right? But apparently that is contrary to two year old thinking....Actually he is getting closer and closer to three. Where does the time go? And for all of his troublemaking (for example, flipping off the back of the couch and breaking my lamp, and flipping the whole recliner over with me, Luke and Caleb in it--both events in the same day!) he is learning to be a great helper. If I ask him to bring me things for baby Caleb, he is very quick to do so. He also likes to help me do the laundry (which I am sure his wife will thank me for some day) It is neat to see him starting to learn some responsiblity.
We went to MOPS today which was fun. It's always nice to talk to other people over the age of three. It's nice to hear other people's stories and remind myself that I am a good Mommy and that it ok to want time to yourself occasionally.
Eric is doing good too. He is dying to get outside though. Yesterday he talked to a friend on the phone for 40 minutes about hunting and fishing...just like two little ole ladies. He also is extremely romantic as he is planning an overnight trip for us on our anniversary... never mind the fact that he is also taking off that week because it is turkey season!!!! Hee Hee! Oh well, I'm very thankful he remembers our anniversary! So my family vacations are always going to revolve around what animal season it happens to be (right Julie?) But that is ok! I'm glad he has hobbies!
Well everyone have a good day...And I'll write more and post pics later!

No comments: