Sunday, January 27, 2008

Has it been that long?

Ok so it has been forever since I last blogged...I was actually full of pride at my new found ability of blogging...that I was staying with it and writing frequently. Guess just needed my big blogging head deflated :-) Now it has been over a week and I realize how easy it is to get too busy to write. But I'm trying to make this my effort at journaling, since I'm not very good at it. So, I'm officially back.
This past week can be summed up in one word (BIRTHDAYS) We celebrated my Grandpa's birthday last Thursday, Eric's sister and our niece's birthday last Friday, my Sis in law Nancy on Monday, Avery Smith (aka Cutie Patootie) on Tues, Eric on Thursday, and my nephew Drew on Friday and Josiah Anderson (my great big boy!!) today!! WOW! So no wonder my family is tired today....that's a lot of bdays! I dont' think I could possibly Zumba all that cake off!
We didn't even go to church today which is unheard of around this house. But Luke has spiked a fever all day off and on (he is sleeping again) and baby Caleb has a cold and ear infection (I feel for you Amy) So me and my little sickies have been hanging out inside all day while Daddy has been getting all kinds of "man work" done outside...our yard looks great!
We have watched two movies, played playdoe and put this little dinosaur together with little pom poms and pipe cleaners. Can you get the idea that we are bored yet? It also is so beautiful outside today...we did go swing for about twenty minutes, but Caleb started hacking again, and Luke's fever went up so we came back in.

We did get to go to Avery's bday party on Sat and had a lot of fun! She looked so cute in her cowgirl outfit..although she wasn't much for keeping her hat on. It was neat to see all of her family and see everyone who will be there for her as she grows up! I'm not sure of how many of you reading this have actually seen Mama Sara with Avery but it has been confirmed that Sara thinks Avery hung the moon!!! I knew it would be this way, but it was so sweet to actually see it in action. ANd the funny thing was that any time Sara would speak, Avery would turn around and look for her!!! It was very special to watch and know (no offense to you Julie Anna) but that could be one of Sara's proudest days!!! Mary and Missy also doted on Miss Avery, it was very sweet! I also got to see Katie DeMoss (can't remember her married name..sorry) so that was nice!!

I did get to spend the evening with my hubby last night. We ate dinner, went bowling, and went to WalMart. Isn't it romantic? It was very nice and we enjoyed getting to say a full sentence to each other without crying, or toys flying through the air.

Ok so not much more going on here. I do have a cute pic and a very funny story that I will share later, if I ever get time! PS: all stay at home Moms, where exactly is all that free time that I was counting on when I wanted to switch from full time work to being at home....I've lost mine somewhere!!!! Hope you all have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ok you quite honestly had me bawling. Thanks Jenny. It is so great to see mom with her but I often take it for granted. Thanks for reminding me how special these times are for Mom & for Avery!

Hope your kiddos get better soon. It was great to see you, I'm sorry we didnt get to chat it up. I was actually going to call you this morning and then realized you would be at church (I obviously didnt go either)...I guess I should have called! :)

Avery has already watched her movie...well enough of it to put her to sleep anyway.

Love ya!