Friday, May 22, 2009

Been so long...

Ok, so I know it's been forever. The six week span between Luke and Caleb's birthdays always prove to be some of our busiest times of year. Since Luke's bday, he has learned to ride a bigger bike (still with training wheels) It seems crazy big, but he can ride that thing all over our neighborhood. This is so much easier on Mommy, now I don't have to pull them both in our cart (when Daddy's at work) The other day I tried to pull them both and realized just how old and out of shape I am.

We went to Branson for an overnight stay during the last week of April. We stayed at the Grand Country Inn/waterpark. We went to the zoo and to the Dinosaur museum. Eric's Grandpa PoPo passed away also during this time so we got to see lots of family and attend his funeral. Eric, thankfully got to be there when he passed and I know that was very special and sorrowful for him.

Eric and I also went to Lake of the Ozarks and stayed in a bed and Breakfast there. It was great to be away, and our room had an indoor double jaccuzzi and a hot tub for two on the back porch. It was very nice...wish we could go back right away!

We finished our FireProof bible study at church which was great. I'd recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately we missed the very last meeting because it was supposed to storm (possibly severe) that night so we stayed home. We had some crazy wind storms a few days before so we were taking the warnings seriously. The wind came through two weeks ago on a Friday morning and thankfully God had already let Luke wake up and be playing in my bed with me when it happened (he is terrified of storms) So we wrestled and played and had no idea what all damage was happening outside. God protected us and we only had a few torn up shingles that Eric repaired. Many people including our neighbors have had to reshingle their entire homes and another set of neighbors whole storage shed was lifted up over the fence and into the woods behind! Talk about crazy! The most interesting part is that no one seemed to know this was going to happen. Anyway, we were left without power for a couple of days. Thankfully my Dad had a generator (for the race car trailer of course) and so we didnt' lose the half a cow we had in the freezer.

The boys are big and onery, but other than that I can't think of any more expectationally exciting details. My tiger lilies are blooming!! I can't believe what an old lady I've become! I love to garden! What a weirdo!

Well thanks for reading this boring blog and I hope to have more exciting things next time, and hopefully some pics!

No comments: