
Hey Everyone! I'm sorry I have been so slow to blog...but it's the holidays, and it's nuts around here. Ok, correction, more nuts around here than usual! I just wanted to post this pic of our family taken by my favorite photographer/bow seller/photoshop guru/public relations person, Julie. Hope everyone is having a great week.
This holiday season has a new excitement that I can't say I've ever felt before. It's because Luke is finally old enough to understand the true Christmas story! He keeps telling me that it's "God's special day." However, when I ask him when that is, he tells me "Friday" or "Tuesday" but he actually did say "Christmas" yesterday, so we are working on it! Seeing Jesus' birth through the eyes of your child is an amazing thing-that I know I'll never forget!!
Journey to Bethlehem went really great this year at our church (our live outdoor nativity) We had over 1,000 people there! It's always a great reminder to me of what Christmas is all about (in the midst of buying presents and baking cookies)
I recently have begun orienting on a new floor at my work, so I'm learning to take care of stroke patients. (It has been slow on my regular floor) The switch is definitely going to take some work, but is remarkable to watch these people recover. In just days, the changes are amazing! It reminds me yet again of the wonder of the whole human body and God's gift of allowing our bodies to endure changes and illnesses. How we live through each day without something in one of our complex systems failing is amazing to me!!
Luke has learned to spell cat and dog, and has unfortunately learned to burp on command, which has got to be the most annoying and gross habit! I always fear he's going to make himself sick too! Caleb has "started counting" He can say "1, 2" and then "5, 6" The cutest thing he says is silly goose, which comes out like "sil gooo" I can't believe that he is so big!!! Hurry somebody have a baby so I don't get the fever!!
Hope you are all doing well and have a great Christmas!!

3 comments:
I'll be the first one to say NOT ME. I think its your turn again. No, I take that back - it is Christi's
HA! Don't look at me...I have been out of the diaper faze for 2+years, I don't want to go back!
I've heard the same thing about stroke patients from my mom. She is a physical therepist asst and that is what she's had extensive training in is stroke patients and she loves to see their progress and how the body can recover from something so destructive.
About the baby fever....it must go in spurts. Nobody will have babies for a while and then a ton of people will end up pregnant at the same time. Must be in the water....I need to find where that water is sold and get me some. haha.
Post a Comment