


Oh I cannot believe this day has come! It cannot be real that at exactly 1:15 pm three years ago today my little man came into the world!! So many amazing awesome moments in the last three years....it just blows me away to think that he is actually three! (Although he keeps saying he is two)
Luke woke up this morning and came to see me and Baby Caleb. We sang Happy Bday to him (only the funny zoo version) He is so excited that it is his bday! We got to go to the Flip Shop and jump on trampolines and play on all the equipment! Then we ate lunch and played with our neighbors, Kendra and Connor! Kendra even made special birthday cupcakes for Luke! He liked them so much...he even ate Connor's!
Then tonight we have pizza and cake at MeeMaw and PaPa's then were going for ice cream with Grandma Ginger and PaPa! WHat a day! Then a Curious George bday on Saturday! What a fun time!!
After reading Julie and Christi's blogs the reminisced on the birth of Avery and Josiah...I thought I should include some special pics of Lukie too! So hope you enjoy them! I can't believe he was ever that little!
It seems so long ago. Especially because of Caleb, so now the freshest memories I have of baby times are of my littlest man instead. But I'll still never forget the moment when they put him in my arms...The love that grew inside of me that I never even knew was there. It was and is so amazing. Who knew that was deep within there, just waiting to escape. I heard a quote the other day that said that a baby feels a void you never even knew was there...how true!!! And in an instant the world no longer had anything to do with me and everything to do with taking care of my little bundle and teaching him everything he needed to know. Part of my heart was torn away and put inside this little guy so that I felt everything he felt and anything that hurt or upset him also did the same thing to me. Also a new joy overflowed as I saw his joy and happiness in the tiniest things!! It is so incredible to watch life through the eyes of a child! Beauty is everywhere and even the most mundane thing is new and fresh in their view!
Ok so I'm all misty eyed now, so I'll go...but I want to leave you with the words to a song that came out around the same time as Luke was born that I would sing to him all the time...
"Come here and cry on my shoulder,
I'll hold you till it's over,
I'll rescue you tonight.
Let my arms be your shelter,
your hiding place forever,
I'll love you more than life."

3 comments:
Yeah!!! Happy birthday, Luke! Three years really flies by, doesn't it?
Happy Birthday, Luke!! Sounds like it's good to be three.
Happy Birthday Lukie! We love you!
Post a Comment